Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Juried Exhibition


If I had written earlier I could have invited you to an opening reception, but instead I will ask you to check out my work in a group exhibition in Poughkeepsie, New York.

My work was selected by juror, Ayumi Ahorie, among 40 pieces. I didn't realize how competitive this juried show would be, but there were over 200 applicants.

The exhibition will continue at Barrett Clay Works until October 23, 2010. And there is a closing reception that Saturday from 4-6. I will probably not be able to make it, although I will be there in spirit.

Also, a friend of mine, Susan Beecher, is also in the exhibition. How I wish I could have been there for the opening. Not to say I didn't try. Oh, don't get me wrong, even though it is a two and a half hour drive, I did try to make it on September 18. The problem arose when I got to exit 16 on the New York Thruway. Traffic wasn't bad. Traffic completely stopped. We were stranded as they closed off all the toll booths and diverted us off the Thruway onto Route 32. Needless to say, 32 had some traffic issues. By the time I got up to New Paltz (Poughkeepsie is just across the Hudson) it was 7:30 pm. The reception was from 4-7. It took me four and a half hours to get up there. Mind you, I drive like a maniac, so sitting in traffic and almost doubling the driving time was torture on my speed demon soul.

Although, I did get to New Paltz in time to meet a friend for dinner. It was a good evening, despite the reception hang ups.

Oh, and I got to see Jupiter along with four of it's moons because student's were out star gazing. I happened to be walking with my friend when we stumbled upon them.

More blogs to come, I promise.

Included is an image of the piece that is in the juried exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment